Upcoming Events: October 21st 2017 – 10am -12pm – Freedom Matters!
Posters will be provided, please do not steal them. If you would like to leave your own sign with us to use at future events, you may. It costs us about $120 to print 600 brochures. If you are able to donate or provide printing, it would help tremendously.
- Treat each other with respect.
- Be mindful of all local protest laws. Do not block the busy sidewalk.
- If you come to a protest, we expect that you are here to sweat, scream and let others know that these dolphins need us.
- We have targets on our backs because we are making noise! Our personal information and identities are just that – personal. Do not spread this information in any form.
- If you are here to sit on your phones or post photos of yourself to instagram – that’s great. But we also need you to put down that phone and make some noise for the dolphins on the street.
Free the Mojave Dolphins is proud to represent Las Vegas in the worldwide Empty the Tanks campaign since it’s inception in 2013. Stay tuned for updates on this years event…May 12th 2018.. Book your hotels now!
“Marine entertainment parks have no place in our world anymore. These are incredibly social, intelligent beings that are being exploited to make money. It is animal slavery, and it needs to be brought to the general public’s attention.
Empty the Tanks is not a radical movement demanding the release of all captive marine mammals into the wild. Some of these animals might be great candidates for release, but those that are not should be retired into sea pens, where they can enjoy the rest of their days in natural seawater, feeling the waves of the ocean around them. They should not be worked until their last breath is taken and then thrown out like trash and replaced.” -EmptyTheTanks.Org
Free the Mojave Dolphins is proud to represent Las Vegas in the global Japan Dolphin Day campaign. We have been participating since September 2013. Stay tuned for details about our protest in 2018…
As most of you know, the capture and slaughter of dolphins takes place in the infamous cove in Taiji, Japan, every year on or shortly after September 1st. The Taiji dolphin hunters, along with dolphin trainers, will capture and kill about 2000 dolphins in the cove from September through April. However, we ARE making a difference, as last year the hunts ended a month early, with fewer dolphins killed. We CAN do something to end this massacre – by letting the Japanese government and the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) know that these crimes against nature are unacceptable to the rest of the world. We must speak out against this atrocity loudly and proudly, while enlightening others who may not be aware of the dolphin killings in Taiji. –DolphinProject.Net