Update on MojaveDolphins for 2023
Category : park updates
● Duchess (NOA0003883) cause of death has been listed in the MMIR (Feb 13th 2023) as Kidney Disease(Pending Final Necropsy Report).
● K2 (NOA0006751TT070311) cause of death has been listed in the MMIR (Feb 13th 2023) as Lung Disease(It Is Suspected The Animal Succumbed To A Severe Co-Infection Of Pathogenic Fungal (Chronic) And Bacterial (Acute) Organisms That Ultimately Lead To Severe Leukopenia, Infection, Respiratory Distress.)
● Bella (NOA0006501TT90608) cause of death has been listed in the MMIR (Feb 13th 2023) as Other(Acute Pancreatitis)
● Maverick (NOA0006079D-03-01) cause of death has been listed in the MMIR (Feb 13th 2023) as Lung Disease(Animal Succumbed To Complications Associated With Severe Chronic Respiratory (Lung) Disease Aka Chronic Pneumonia And A Secondary Bacterial Infection That Ultimately Lead To Septic Shock.)
On Valentines Day, Hard Rock announced that they had moved 3 dolphins from The Mirage over to Seaworld San Diego. Those dolphins were:
● Karli (NOA0010537) who was born at the Mirage to Sofi and Kenobi (AI through Seaworld)
● Osbourne (NOA0006287) who was born at Seaworld San Antonio to Nacha and Gilly
● Sofi (NOA0006294) who was born Seaworld San Diego to Sandy and Sparky
An update on dolphins who were previously housed at the Mirage:
● MiraMar (NOA0006765) was born at the Mirage to Huf-n-Puf & Lightning on August 20th 2011. Miramar was moved to Gulfworld Marine Park before being moved to Marineland Dolphin Adventure in November 2019.
● Lightning (NOA0001325) was captured from the wild in 1978. Lightning came to the Mirage in 2006 on a breeding loan from Gulf World Marine Park. He returned to Gulf World in August 2019 before being moved to Marineland Dolphin Adventure in November 2019.
● Cosmo (NOA0006146) was born at Seaworld Orlando in August 2003. Cosmo arrived at the Mirage in March 2010. Cosmo was moved to Seaworld San Diego in December 2013, and currently resides at Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park.
Dolphins remaining at the Mirage (HR Nevada, LLC) *for now*
● Coco (NOA0010416)
● Huf-N-Puf (NOA0005883)
● Lady Aces (NOA0010613)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.