Category : food
With the annual cetacean slaughter just around the corner for Taiji, Japan- we would like to take this time to share with you a dolphin safe edible recipe. Not a single dolphin was harmed in the making of this sweet treat! If you’re hosting a screening of The Cove, or Blackfish– these would be the perfect, eye catching centerpiece that everyone can enjoy. We had these at our own Japan Dolphin Day poster prep party and they were a big hit! You won’t believe how easy they are to create.
Things You’ll Need:
- A knife/scissors
- Lemon juice
- Cloves/Chocolate chips/something for the eyes (You can even try grape stems!)
- Serving tray
Easy to Follow Steps:
- Wash both the fruit and the bananas and dry gently
- Use your knife or pair of scissors to cut the mouth of the dolphin using the stem. This will create the “dolphin smile”.
- Next cut off the bottom of the banana, 1/4th of the way up.
- Take your cloves and push them into the banana to form eyes. Substitute cloves for whatever you feel necessary.
- Insert a grape into the dolphin smile if you choose.
- Brush lemon juice along the “smile” so it will not turn brown
- Stand the banana dolphins up in the serving tray among the grapes for a delicious, fun dish that will have your friends going “WOW!”